Global Handwashing Day!

Global Handwashing Day!

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Latrine and Shower

My Latrine and Shower

Some of My Host Siblings

Some of My Host Siblings

Sunday, May 2, 2010

tales from Dan

So I told Dan I was going to blog about his stories at some point because they are just too hilarious to not be told....

Dan is in a house w/7 young children and 2 adults. The youngest child, Charlene, is the cutest little 3 year old girl you have ever seen! She is really bossy and demanding, but she is so cute you can't help but to obey her! (She will definitely be the devil in a few years.... lol). So anyway, she still breastfeeds (even though she also eats normal food) because their family is rather poor and many Belizeans breastfeed a lot longer than we do in the States. Anyway, Dan has grown quite accustomed to Charlene randomly going up to her mom and just yanking out her breast.... B/c, like I said, Charlene is quite bossy so when she was a little snack, she gets it. haha.
So one day at lunch Dan was super excited because he had Ramen! He is eating his noodles, and Charlene whips out her mom's boob. She then continues to say, "Danny, Danny" & points to her mom's boob, essentially offering him a little taste! AAH HAHAHA! Dan quickly looked to his Ramen for the rest of the meal..... Amazing!
To make things EVEN BETTER, about a week after that incident happened, Dan was walking to the shower in his towel. Charlene yells, "Danny! Danny! Nice doo doo!" And Dan was utterly confused. His poop? He comes to find out from the other children that "tzoo tzoo" is nipples in Mopan!!! hahahhaha He told us the story that morning and I told him that she was probably wanting to try them out... I'm just saying... hahahaha. So now Dan's entire family constantly makes fun of him and says "nice doo doo" all the time!

Oh the life of a Mopan-eer. hahahaha

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, Mal. I don't need a new book to read when I have your blog to turn to.
    Really miss you a lot, though.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Washing Pan Di Rock

Washing Pan Di Rock
Crique Jute Village