Global Handwashing Day!

Global Handwashing Day!

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Latrine and Shower

My Latrine and Shower

Some of My Host Siblings

Some of My Host Siblings

Friday, May 7, 2010

life

Sunday/Funday:

Sunday I woke up & was fed bacon!!!!! Yes, you heard rite... bacon! Dino is working at the chiney & he brought it home just for me! Most amazing Belizean morning yet! hahaha We still didn't have water that morning so I had to bucket bathe.
So just for the record, bucket baths are quite practical and kinda amazing.... Just throwing that out there. You save water and time and it's just pretty awesome.... Well, especially when you have no other choice! haha
So Mrs Sotz and I were both filling our buckets at the same time at the spicket...She looks up to me & says, "Mal, I win you!"  Cutest thing ever! She laughed hysterically at her own joke and then really did beat me and left to bathe. haha I'm an amateur basin filler! hahaha They all went to the Agricultural Show that day but I had homework to do, so unfortunately could not join in. Sunday we worked all day at the PC office.... ahhh, air conditioning! hahaha Matt and I walked back around 4 and my family had guests over. They were bragging about me and my Mopan to their friends.... I could only understand every 15th word, but it was still funny. Mostly I noticed them pointing and laughing at me and I just assumed it was positive.... isn't it always? haha That night I worked on my TFS presentation all night... It was kinda hard because I never got left alone to work and had about 1000 questions, but it got done eventually. Mr Sotz was in a very happy mood and was trying his best english out that night! He was too funny! He asked me if I had a lot of work and I could understand him... I really think he's picked up some english since I've been here! Very cool! That night I had eggs and HOT DOGS for dinner.... yes, real life hot dogs!!!! I was in heaven! As they sat the food down, along with a stack of 50 corn tortillas, Mr Sotz says: "Mal. You eat ALLL. You need get fat!" hahahahaha Cracked me up! they are so funny. So I acutally did eat all my food, but not the 50 tortillas..lol. Oh host family.... fun times.

Monday

Monday I woke up to no water...again! But this time even the emergency rain water was gone, so we couldn't even bucket bathe. So Matt, Dan, and I were smelly for class. Eeek. I tried to be really sly and pull a fast one on my family that morning. I spotted fish frying in the pan, so I knew that was for breakfast....but then on the table,  CornFlakes caught my eye! I quickly asked Mrs Sotz if I could have CornFlakes for breakfast and thought I was in the clear from morning fish head! I got dressed and ready for class and Sofia comes in to get me for breakfast!! I told her I ate CornFlakes and she was like, "but your fish and ariina" Ahhh! No escape! I had a nibble and told them I was full and ran off! I can never escape meals here!!! Yikes. Chanda picked us up for our last Tech Training session in Cristo Rey! Yay! We gave our TFS presentations and wrapped up all the last things we needed to cover. I also had a choco-banana for the first time! Kinda weird... lol. During lunch, the Mopan ppl all went into the river in our clothes. I really could care less if I was soaking wet for the rest of the day...hahahaha. It was worth it! After sessions we convinced Chanda to take us to Hanna's in San Ignacio, which had the biggest quesadillas in the country! They are HUGE! And SO delicious! mmmm.  We headed home and I was finally able to shower that night before going to Matt's. Matt's host family had a million people in town! It was a madhouse! One of his host "sisters" (technically) was visiting and sells jewelry. I'm pretty sure they were trying to sell me earrings, but I had no money. But she did give us all these bracelets that are really from Guatemala! hahahaha. Mine has a scorpion in it! It's pretty rockin....

Tuesday

Tuesday was our last language session! Woohoo! (And we had water!!! hahaha) Mr Cal walks in and tells us, "I don't really have a lesson planned for today." OMG we were so mad! He's such a slacking teacher. So we wasted a beautiful morning.I was productive and did my laundry during lunch...go me! And when it was time to leave for afternoon session, Mr Cal texted us that it was cancelled. Afternoon off! haha. We filmed some footage of our host families for our CBT presentation and then headed to PC for internet and yoga.

Ok, so what's up with yoga?! I'm horrible at it. I'm not bendy or flexy or cool enough to do those poses right. I flat out fell on my face last week during one of the poses! (And Marla definitely called me out in front of the class...ahhaha) But I just cannot bend quite as much as everyone else it seems. AND to top it off, narcolepsy gets the best of me and everytime we do the lying down meditation parts, I pass out! I completely fall asleep!  Yoga...one day I will own you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Washing Pan Di Rock

Washing Pan Di Rock
Crique Jute Village