Global Handwashing Day!

Global Handwashing Day!

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Latrine and Shower

My Latrine and Shower

Some of My Host Siblings

Some of My Host Siblings

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Longest Day Everrr...

Sunday was the longest day of training yet! We woke up to run at 6am... because we are clearly insane. I had corn flakes in hot evaporated milk for breakfast... yum! haha  It was SO HOT that day! We walked to the PC office in the heat of the morning, which was like death... But it was nice to get some AC before our midday health fair.
We had about 30 kids show up for the health fair. They all showed up well after 2:30, because that's Belizean time for starting at 2. haha The next 2 hours we attempted to teach them about hygiene, dental health, & nutrition... oy! We did a bunch of games & I think they may have learned something...maybe.... but we pretty much swore off children after that day... hahaha. We had a nutrition tug of war, and nutrition muscial chairs, a tooth decay version of red rover, & a germ game with paint! hahaa Longest 2 hours of my life! Oh, & also I missed lunch & Mrs Sotz sent Alana to the school with lunch for me! It was so cute & really sweet! She's so nice!
After the fair, we were crazy enough to walk BACK to the PC office.... insane. It was nice to enjoy the AC & internet for the night... That night my family was so excited for me to shower in our NEW shower!  No more showering for the world to see me!! It's in the same place as the toilets, but it's oh-so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Washing Pan Di Rock

Washing Pan Di Rock
Crique Jute Village