Global Handwashing Day!

Global Handwashing Day!

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Pueblo Viejo Home

My Latrine and Shower

My Latrine and Shower

Some of My Host Siblings

Some of My Host Siblings

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Inappropriate Storytime With Mal

So some of you have been privy to my extra exclusive and borderline inappropriate stories that I've had to share... unfortunately, as much as they are hilarious, they are not always great to publicize to the entire world! Nonetheless, I have to mention this story because it is just too ridiculous to keep to myself.... haha.

So as you all know, I am still living with a host family in Indian Ville. We have a latrine outside, which is pretty clean for some of the latrines I've experienced. Nonetheless, it is still a latrine and it is still outside. Lately, we've been having thunderstorms and just craziness weather. So I try to avoid using the bathroom during this weather. But the other night, I was so HOT and I drank lots and lots of juice and then stayed up reading in my room. Well, to make a long story short, I was up later than the rest of the family and stuck in my room having to pee. Not only did I not WANT to go outside in the dark and muddy weather to the latrine, but I had been locked! inside my house already because they lock us in at night! So I was regretting my life decisions to drink after 5pm and danced around in my room desperate for a solution. Then it came to me: I gazed over at the small plastic cup sitting on my makeshift shelf and thought, "there's no way." I did the pee dance a little longer and realized it was only 10:30 at night and really, there was no way I wouldn't pee my bed if I didn't. So yes, folks...I peed in a cup.
Classy act, I know.
Lucky for me, I had plenty of hand sanitizer, a roll of toilet paper, and a trashbag in my room, so I didn't feel all that gross...it was almost better than using a latrine! But then I was thinking, what the heck am I gonna do with this cup of pee now??Another great realization occurred! My window has no screens! Hurray! I simply grabbed my cup, stuck my arm as far out the window as it would go, and poured. Talk about problem-solving techniques!
Oh boy, I love the jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Washing Pan Di Rock

Washing Pan Di Rock
Crique Jute Village